Inventory partners (i.e., exchanges, networks, publishers or other inventory sources) participating in the Turn platform are required to adhere to the Inventory Acceptance Policy and Guidelines. These policies apply to all inventory channels including, but not limited to, Display, Mobile and Pre-Roll Video. In addition to these guidelines, it is your responsibility to ensure that the inventory you represent abides by applicable laws, guidelines and policies of that country or state where the relevant ad is delivered.
Please read these policies carefully and refer to this document often. Should you fail to comply with these policies, Turn reserves the right to disable monetization of your inventory sources and/or terminate your account. If your inventory source is disabled, you may not be eligible for further participation in the Turn platform. We may change our policies at any time, and pursuant to your agreement with Turn, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
Inventory partners must adhere to these guidelines. You may not make inventory that contains or does any of the following, available in the Turn platform:
- Any obscene or pornographic material, adult material, or mature content including thinly censored nudity (for example, certain image hosting or free web hosting services)
- Violent content, racial intolerance, or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Excessive profanity
- Gambling or promotion of gambling, unless approved
- Content related to compensation programs where users are encouraged to click on ads or offers, perform searches, surf websites, read emails, or similar activities
- Excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords in the content or code of web pages
- Sales or promotion of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Any content that is illegal or promotes illegal activity
- Any content that promotes discrimination or infringes on the rights of others
- Any material that infringes intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright and trademark rights (see below)
- Any file-sharing or torrent sites
- Any offers for illegal activities, products or services
- Promotion of fake documents, copied material, or paper mills
- Websites made for the sole purpose of clicking on advertisements
- Any ad inventory source with ad impressions generated via plugins and toolbars, including those that inject ads on top of Web pages
You may not make inventory available on the Turn platform if the publisher does not have all necessary legal rights to the content made available on that inventory, including but not limited to copyright (e.g., pirated content). For information on Turn’s infringement policy, click here.
Invalid Clicks and Impressions
Pageviews and clicks on ads must result from human users. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on our ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, use of robots, automated click and impression generating tools, third-party services generating clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, auto-surf, and click-exchange programs, or any deceptive software. Turn reserves the right not to pay for any inventory that Turn believes, in its sole discretion, incents users to click, uses automated means to generate clicks or traffic, or is otherwise suspicious.
Pageviews and clicks on ads must result from genuine user interest. Turn does not allow sites utilizing any of the following methods to artificially generate clicks or impressions. In order to ensure a good experience for users and our buyers advertisers, all inventory partners will comply with the following click enticement policy:
- Sites must not incentivize users to click ads, including but not limited to compensation, promises of compensation, and encouraging language (e.g. “support us,” “click the ads,_etc.)
- Sites must not compensate users for performing searches, or promise compensation to a 3rd party for such Behavior
Site and Ad Behavior
You may not alter or manipulate any ads or standard ad behavior in any way unless explicitly permitted in writing by Turn or its buyers. 1. You must not alter any portion of the code or change the behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads 2. It is your responsibility to ensure that no ad network or affiliate uses such methods to direct traffic to pages that contain Turn buyers’ ads code
Inventory partners must comply with the following Ad Placement policies:
- No more than five (5) ads may be displayed per page
- Page content must not obstruct any portion of the ad displayed
- No ads may be placed on any non-content-based pages
- No in-banner video
- No sound off in-stream video
- No Below-the-Fold auto-play placements
- Syndicated players must play content related to the site
- Publishers must also comply with the IAB Ad Impression Measurement Guidelines, available here.