Technical Solutions Engineer
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will be an integral part of our engineering team. You will be in charge of supporting our internal users and alleviate any technical issues with our system. By working closely with other software engineers, you will gain a unique perspective and expert knowledge of our platform across ALL of its components, each of which is implemented as a distributed systems cluster, operating at extreme scale in real-time while running sophisticated algorithms and dealing with big data. Your inputs will help not only our internal users provide class leading service to our customers, but also help our product development team shape the future of our products. The problems you will face as part of this role will be complex and will require an analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and thrive in a highly-visible, externally impacting role which includes deep product expertise, highly responsive and professional communication, creative problem solving, and effective coordination of internal resources. You will also become a de-facto expert for our internal users and experience the very rewarding satisfaction of helping them be successful
- Achieve expert level understanding of the Turn product suite from a technical perspective
- Provide developer level support to internal clients – this could include examining HTTP traffic, executing complex SQL queries, developing and debugging Java code, developing and running Hadoop jobs, etc.
- Develop tools, programs to improve the team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new features when possible
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue workarounds, and solutions
- Partner with clients to understand and develop solutions for often high-impact, high-visibility issues
- Coordinate with Engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Programming experience in Java is a requirement.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, SQL, cloud storage solutions, and/or distributed computing technology
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux systems: shell environment, log reading/parsing, scripting
- Strong understanding of HTTP, including headers and response codes, and networking-related protocols
- Familiar with web debugging/developer tools and source code versioning and revision control systems
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (BS) strongly preferred or related field
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Technical Solutions Engineering
Redwood City, CA